Extreme newbiness...

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Oct 24 23:47:06 CDT 2003

on 10/24/03 23:36, Jeff Justice at listaccount at starionline.com wrote:

Hi Jeff,

> Please forgive my extreme newbiness when trying to understand Valentina
> and SQL in general.  Starting with some very basic generalizations,
> correct me if I do not understand...

Please ask any questions you want

> I have created a database in Valentina.  One table, 5 fields.  I have
> created several records with sample data in them.  Now I want to access
> them.  My assumptions are:
>
> I must have the Valentina database launched.  I must use some sort of
> SQL browser to access it.  I must somehow tell the browser where the
> database is on my machine.  I will figure out the SQL to send, but I
> admit I don't know the steps to make the connection.

Hmm, I wonder.

Are you programmer? What language you use with Valentina ?
Or you use Valentina APP ?

As SQL browser you can use utility viSQL.
Also you can try Valentina Studio (beta)

> I have a program called "Aqua Data Studio" which I believe should be
> sufficient for testing SQL queries to the Valentina database.
>
> Am I on the right track here?

No. I think Aqua Data Studio will not work with Valentina.

Again, what tools and languages you are using.
What you want to get?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com