Extreme newbiness...

Jeff Justice listaccount at starionline.com
Fri Oct 24 15:36:15 CDT 2003

Please forgive my extreme newbiness when trying to understand Valentina
and SQL in general.  Starting with some very basic generalizations,
correct me if I do not understand...

I have created a database in Valentina.  One table, 5 fields.  I have
created several records with sample data in them.  Now I want to access
them.  My assumptions are:

I must have the Valentina database launched.  I must use some sort of
SQL browser to access it.  I must somehow tell the browser where the
database is on my machine.  I will figure out the SQL to send, but I
admit I don't know the steps to make the connection.

I have a program called "Aqua Data Studio" which I believe should be
sufficient for testing SQL queries to the Valentina database.

Am I on the right track here?

Jeff