Starting to distribute Vserver

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Oct 24 12:20:57 CDT 2003

Hi Florian,

> Next week I want to start to distribute my application with the Vserver.
> I have some questions:
>
> 1. You told me never to give away my license. But which license to give away
> with a Vserver with 5 connections as a VDN member?

I will send you license_emb_xxxxxxxx file.
Which you must distribute.

> 2. The other day you wrote that you have a custom installer, where one can
> enter his own application name. What about that?

No problems.

In fact we explain how to change name,
But you are free to choose your own installer.
You can choose msi, or some other commercial installer maker.
This is up to you.

> 3. Is there a possibility to install the Vserver to another folder and to
> change the settings of the ini file to be installed?

YES, you will need to create this simple hierarchy.

    ProgramFiles (or other folder)

        MyCompany
            MyAppServer
                licenses
                    license_emb_xxxxxxxx
                databases
                meAppServer.ini
                MyAppServer.exe
                Server.dll

NOTE!!!

You must put ini file into your distribution.
Now Valentina's installer also do this.

The name of ini file will be used by Vserver to print into log and to create
            myAppserver.log

And in the ini file you will need set OTHER port number,
For example 19999

> 4. Any other limitations, ideas, warnings?

I think all is very easy.

So I think today off list we will start with your process of Embedded server
prepare. Be ready :-)

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com