[V4MD] LoadDump & error 4

Steven Ophalvens silversoft at skynet.be
Fri Oct 24 15:04:14 CDT 2003

Hello All,

And again I have some loaddump troubles.

I don't know what my client does, but apparantely, she
manages to crash my input program fairly often, which
oftentimes results in a corrupt DB, that I have to do
an XMLDump/load of.

When I now try to do this, the XMLdump seems fine,
but the loadDump gives me an error.

The xml file looks fine, but the new DB misses records.

--------------------------------------
My code to dump the XML :
--------------------------------------
  ValentinaInit(8 * 1024 * 1024, MacValSerial, WinValSerial)
  ValentinaDebugLevel(2)

  lValDB = new(xtra "VDataBase")
  lValDB.OpenDatabase(the moviePath & "rkvdb.vdb")
  lValDB.Dump(the moviepath & "rdkVDBDump.xml",2)
--------------------------------------
Output :
--------------------------------------
* V4MD *: InitValentina...done
* V4MD *: ValentinaSetDebugMode...done
* V4MD *: new VDatabase...* V4MD *: new VDatabase...done
* V4MD *: OpenDatabase...done
* V4MD *: DB_Dump...done
* V4MD *: VDatabase_Destroy
--------------------------------------

--------------------------------------
My code to load the XML :
--------------------------------------
  ValentinaInit(8 * 1024 * 1024, MacValSerial, WinValSerial)
  ValentinaDebugLevel(2)

  lValDB = new(xtra "VDataBase")
  LoadDump(lValDB, the moviepath & "rdkVDBDump.xml", the moviepath &
"rkvdb_new.vdb",2)
--------------------------------------
Output :
--------------------------------------
* V4MD *: InitValentina...done
* V4MD *: ValentinaSetDebugMode...done
* V4MD *: new VDatabase...* V4MD *: new VDatabase...done
* V4MD *: DB_LoadDump...error 4
* V4MD *: VDatabase_Destroy

Any idea's?

Greetings,