Embedded Server and your app // ALL please read.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Oct 23 09:13:52 CDT 2003

on 10/22/03 23:38, Ken Ray at kray at sonsothunder.com wrote:

Hi Ken,

>> * We have add protection that MAC license file will NOT work
>> on WINDOWS.
>
> Does this mean that we would need two separate licenses if we wish to
> set up VSRV on a Mac OS X box and have both Windows and Mac clients?

No, you need one license_mac

It is not important what clients you have.

> Or were you saying that the VSRV software itself is tied to the platform, so
> if you buy a Mac license you can install it on a Mac server, but if you try to
> install the same copy of VSRV on Windows with the Mac license key, then it
> will fail?

Well. In any case MAC OS application cannot be installed to Windows yes? :-)

I have say about other thing.

Let you have 2 users that are friends.
    user A - buy MAC server, and later buy 100 connections.
    user B - buy windows server.

So if user A will give to friend license_mac with 100 connections this
license file will not work on Windows.

But if friend B is on MAC also, they can exchange files.
And here there is no easy protection.
This is like if they exchange serials.
This is piracy of course.

You all know it is hard fight with this.
May be only USB KEYs really.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com