VSDK C++, CW8 fatal compile errors and warnings

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Oct 20 19:33:38 CDT 2003

on 10/20/03 19:00, Wright Bob D Civ WRALC/LSRIC at Bob.Wright at robins.af.mil
wrote:

> Ruslan,
>
> My app uses MacApp 15.1.1 for its application framework.  I have found a
> file called "UniversalStartup.h" that has a struct like this:
>
> Struct Mem {
> Long objectHeap, heapIncrement, codeVal, lowSpaceVal, stackVal;
> }
> typedef Mem *MemPtr **MemHandle;
>
> Could this be the problem?

Yes of course.

> I have not used Template Classes in C++ so I am
> not familiar with the conflict that CW is pointing out - that being the one:
>
> Template<class T> class MemPtr
> Public://///////////////////
> MemPtr( ulong size) {
> ...etc.
>
> }

Problem not in template.

Just they use MemPtr for typedef
And we use MemPtr for class name.

In Valentina 2.0 we use namespace, to avoid such problems.
And in fact this is first time such conflict!

> Maybe I could change the name of one of the definitions as a possible
> solution?

This will be best way.

May be even better:
    comment in VSDK.h include of MemPtr.h
    this is optional header.
    if you will need you can include it manually.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com