Method syntax for a composite pointer index

chuck hinkle chuckbo at hinkles.us
Fri Oct 31 22:36:10 CST 2003

I have a table which is used to resolve a many-to-many relationship between
two other tables. I create it with

  '     Define the fields/properties of the table

  name = "Container_components"

  Component_ptr = new vobjectPtr("Component_ptr", indatabase.Components,
kv_cascade + kv_indexed)
  Container_ptr = new
vobjectPtr("Container_ptr",indatabase.containers,kv_cascade + kv_indexed)

But I want these records to be unique, so I need to have a composite index
that I can make unique. I've never written an SQL method, though; I don't
know where to put it (in my RB code), and I sure don't know know how to join
two pointers and to make their result unique.  I've spent an hour and a half
going through the Valentina manuals looking for examples, but it's probably
that I just don't know where to look.

I'd appreciate any code that can be shared.

chuck