Problem with UPDATE command in 1.9.8

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Oct 15 21:20:35 CDT 2003

on 10/15/03 20:35, Matt Giger at mgiger at lunarsoft.com wrote:

> I am using the Debug Carbon VSDK from:
> http://www.paradigmasoft.com/files/vsdk.html
>
> Valentina C++ SDK 1.9.8
> (MAC:Classic/Carbon/Win32, CW 8)
> Aug 26, 2003
>
> I tried it again and get the same problem:
>
> UPDATE app_settings SET value=1 where id='city_lights'
>
> Returns an error 363 now (maybe it did that before too).  It doesn't show in
> the kernel reference what this error is.

This error means "Cannot set record lock"

I will check docs on this point, btw.

Okay, then I can say that BEFORE you do UPDATE you make some cursor that
LOCK that record.

How to resolve this problem?

1) the most easy way to get 1.9.7 behavior -- everywhere you create cursor
you need specify kNoLocks. Then Valentina will work with no record locks
like in 1.9.7.

2) if you will wish improve your app to support record locks you need
redesign something to not touch locked records.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com