AW: AW: AW: V4MD Looking for ideas and solutions forsearchingdoubleentries

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Oct 3 12:29:49 CDT 2003

on 10/3/03 10:35 AM, Florian Bogeschdorfer at fb at memedia.de wrote:

> It is a way Cindy, thank you. But it takes a lot of time when you do this
> with 10000 records just to find the 50 doubles :-(

You think so, or you have test it?

I think for 1000 records it can be < of second on fast network.

> And it will not realize double entries with a missing char or a double char or
> naem istead of name...

Of course. This can do only your phonetic algorithm.

> I am developing my double search now with adding a kTypeUShort for 'name'
> and 'vorname' ... Where I keep the sum of the ASCII chars of the string
> fields and then compare the sum values against each other. This way 'naem'
> is a double of 'name' and the user may define a range so the search will
> recognize 'longname' as a possible double of 'llongname' for example

BTW,

I have read about such school tasks !

You can transform each word into special form as next

    name        =>   aemn
    naem        =>   aemn

This can work more accurately than calculation of sum of all chars.
Probably...

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com