AW: AW: AW: V4MD Looking for ideas and solutions forsearchingdoubleentries

Florian Bogeschdorfer fb at memedia.de
Fri Oct 3 09:35:03 CDT 2003

It is a way Cindy, thank you. But it takes a lot of time when you do this
with 10000 records just to find the 50 doubles :-(  And it will not realize
double entries with a missing char or a double char or naem istead of
name...

I am developing my double search now with adding a kTypeUShort for 'name'
and 'vorname' ... Where I keep the sum of the ASCII chars of the string
fields and then compare the sum values against each other. This way 'naem'
is a double of 'name' and the user may define a range so the search will
recognize 'longname' as a possible double of 'llongname' for example

Best regards, Florian