Director valentina question

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Tue Nov 18 10:29:48 CST 2003

At 22:44 17.11.2003, you wrote:
> > I am getting the error [A fatal error has occurred. Director will quit now]
> > when I try using the following command:
> >
> > thePict = GetPicture( theCursor, "Image" )

Yes, this is known to be a little buggy, on both PC and Mac.
You should always use the member reference when getting
pictures from the db:

myCursor.GetPicture("pict", member("pict))

I think this has something to do with how the picture
data is handed over to Director. It consumes all its memory
in a matter of seconds and then crashes, on Dir 8 - MX.

This and the fact that the "picture" property is pretty much
outdated and deprecated since the "image" property had been
introduced in Dir 8 is one of the main reasons I am constantly
pushing Ruslan to have V4MD work with the "image" property
and not the "picture" property :-)

But it seems it's not that easy to get that data from / into
Director :-(

Martin.

Martin Kloss

Need music? http://www.selling-sound.com

Like the author? Buy the book at:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3898422194/lingmmugd

Get your daily dose of Lingo at the LingoPark:
http://www.lingopark.de