[VSDK] SetCompareFunction()

Eric Forget forgete at cafederic.com
Fri Nov 14 13:12:20 CST 2003

> on 11/14/03 6:47 PM, Eric Forget at forgete at cafederic.com wrote:
>
>>> It is a quite normal procedure to install frameworks in the libary
>>> before you work with the code.
>>
>> Sorry to having to contradict you, but there is not 1 VSDK.framework, but
>> multiple ones, each compatible with each others. So, if App1 is using VSDK
>> built with GCC 2.98 is install on a user machine. The same user install App2
>> that user VSDK built with GCC 3.3. Then App1 will crash and never work
>> again. Worse, it cannot be used by CW App.
>
> To avoid such problem both apps should include framework INSIDE SELF.
> VSDK framework prepared for this.
>
> You can download and look inside on Valentina Studio to see how this works.

If you read the previous messages, this is exactly what I was talking
about...

>> The error of Ruslan, and he knows it, is to have exported a C++ API. We
>> should never do this. Just hope he won't repeat that for V2.
>
> ?
>
> What you mean here?
>
> 2.0 also will have C++.
>
> Difference in 2.0 will be that this will be true interface classes.
> But problem with different versions of DLLs/Frameworks remain.

We talk about that last spring. The only it should work is like the image I
have attached. It works, because you provide the code of the wrappers, which
are then compiled with the application, with whatever compiler.

That way, you will have 1 framework/DLL per OS. Not 1 DLL per OS per
compiler per version of compiler.

Éric

 Eric Forget                       Cafederic
 ForgetE at cafederic.com             <http://www.cafederic.com/>

 Fingerprint <86D5 38F5 E1FD 5D9C 71C3  BAA3 797E 70A4 6210 C684>