[VSDK] SetCompareFunction()

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Nov 14 19:05:16 CST 2003

on 11/14/03 6:47 PM, Eric Forget at forgete at cafederic.com wrote:

>> It is a quite normal procedure to install frameworks in the libary
>> before you work with the code.
>
> Sorry to having to contradict you, but there is not 1 VSDK.framework, but
> multiple ones, each compatible with each others. So, if App1 is using VSDK
> built with GCC 2.98 is install on a user machine. The same user install App2
> that user VSDK built with GCC 3.3. Then App1 will crash and never work
> again. Worse, it cannot be used by CW App.

To avoid such problem both apps should include framework INSIDE SELF.
VSDK framework prepared for this.

You can download and look inside on Valentina Studio to see how this works.

> The error of Ruslan, and he knows it, is to have exported a C++ API. We
> should never do this. Just hope he won't repeat that for V2.

?

What you mean here?

2.0 also will have C++.

Difference in 2.0 will be that this will be true interface classes.
But problem with different versions of DLLs/Frameworks remain.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com