[V4RB] design of future pluign

Totte Alm totte at code66.se
Thu May 22 13:45:29 CDT 2003

torsdagen den 22 maj 2003 kl 13.22 skrev Ruslan Zasukhin:

> As you can see, only few lines differ!!!
> When we create/open database.
>
> All rest is totally the same. The same cursors, the same fields.
>
> Problem arise ONLY when we want in ONE application combine BOTH,
> embeded
> engine and remote client. This require some solution...

Ruslan,

the need for a "combined solution" is basically dependent on the
following question (Firing the question to Lynn):

* Will there be a price difference running an Embedded client compared
to a ONE user Client/Server solution?

If not (or minimal), then I will happily go with a one user
client/server for many of my apps (where there will be an Option to run
either single or multiple users). There will be a little more hazzle on
installation, and if some user has "Application A" with a single user
server, and then installs "Application B" with a single user server,
which will break?

// Totte