[V4RB] design of future pluign

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu May 22 17:02:15 CDT 2003

on 5/22/03 2:45 PM, Totte Alm at totte at code66.se wrote:

Hi Totte,

It seems many confusing here.
Lets clarify.

1) Embedded engine for all Valentina XXX products
    you pay, $300, and get ability to develop application
    with embedded engine. No runtime fees.
    This is what we have now.

2) Vserver. Separate product. Will be sold on different licenses.
    - per connection
    - unlimited

3) Valentina XXXX Clients -- are FREE itself.

Now we see that today, many developers want to have app that have both
Embedded engine and client.

> Ruslan,
>
> the need for a "combined solution" is basically dependent on the
> following question (Firing the question to Lynn):
>
> * Will there be a price difference running an Embedded client compared
> to a ONE user Client/Server solution?
>
> If not (or minimal), then I will happily go with a one user
> client/server for many of my apps (where there will be an Option to run
> either single or multiple users). There will be a little more hazzle on
> installation, and if some user has "Application A" with a single user
> server, and then installs "Application B" with a single user server,
> which will break?

Yes, Totte.

If speak about Server as system level service (like OpenBase or mySQL)
Then you can run on computer only one server. Correct?

Then 2 applications may conflict. You need know 2 connections for server.

Embedded engine do not have such conflict, because it is INSIDE of
application.

Is this your question?

------
And Totte, between license of Embedded engine and embedded Server there will
be small difference of course.

Embedded engine is runtime free.

If you sale your app, which require Vserver, then each your customer need
get Vserver. And to make this cheap for your customer we will offer Embedded
Server license. It will have price many many times less of normal server.
So for you it will looks as some runtime fees.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com