VSDK_Client for project builder

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue May 20 13:56:25 CDT 2003

on 5/20/03 1:46 PM, Jochen Peters at j.peters at piit.de wrote:

Hi Jochen,

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> Apple has done a bad job in it's naming of runtime architecture and
> system libraries.
> This is usualy mixed up by many people.
> You can of course build a MACHO application which uses carbon!!

Yes, yes. I have remember this.

> It all depends on your code. Do you use carbon calls in your C++  client? If
> yes - well then you have to go the carbon way. (It is even possible to have
> carbon  and cocoa in the same app)

No Carbon calls. I use <sys/socket.h> only.
In CodeWarrior this is MACHO Target.

> For me the best solution would be to have a lib which i can use for  static
> linking. You can create such a lib in the usual UNIX way - as Totte has told -
> but you can of  course also do it with Project Builder:
>
> - Choose "New project.."
> - Choose "Empty Project"
> Then choose "New target" from the Project pull down - there you can
> choose "Library"

    Oh! YES exactly. In new target PB show LIBRARY target.
    thank you Jochen. I have forget this way

> Maybe we have to insert some linker flags to get it to work - but this
> is no problem - so just start this way - if you get problems then let me know.

The good thing with open source VSDK Client, is that now everybody can use
them in own project with own settings.

For example Windows developers will be able use it with Borland also.
Before we could not do this.

------
P.S.

Also I wonder, if anybody have work with OpenTransport via TCP/IP?
Or may be have good simple examples?

As you understand, I need something VERY simple:
    open socket/connection for some INET_ADDR
    send receive raw buffer
    close connection.

I wonder that Apple do not provide any example for such VERY SIMPLE work.
OpenTransport contains tons of functions, docs are not helpful.
I just want drop GUSI and rewrite connection using native OT API for Carbon
and Classic targets on MacOS.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com