VSDK_Client for project builder

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue May 20 14:26:47 CDT 2003

on 5/20/03 2:15 PM, Totte Alm at totte at code66.se wrote:

> One thing: Will there be a "Client/Local" version, where you have the full DB
> code, PLUS the client ability?

:-)

I see many developers dream about such combo.
It looks to me this will be unique feature for Valentina.
For example PrimaBase exactly, allow you choose only "one of".

> Like "Connect to local database" / "connect to server", or do I have to like
> to both packages (and have multiple defines problems). What I want to do is to
> have the ability to work locally AND remote to a server.
>
> OK??

Jochen will be first I think who will try to do this.
He need this for Valentina Studio.

Yes, Totte, we all want get this feature.

1) for c++ 1.x problem only that VDK_ and VDKC_ classes are not related.
So Jochen will have wrapper for all this classes.

2) for c++ 2.0 this problem will go away, because instead of VDK and VDKC
classes we will have single set of interface classes

    I_Cursor
    I_Database
    I_Field

This will be paradise !!!

3) For Visual BASIC and for Director it seems also will not be huge problems
to support this.

    But for REALbasic I still do not see a way.
    How to have in the plugin folder 2 V4RB and V4RB_Client plugins,
    and they should now conflict.
    Right now both have classes with THE SAME names, Vdatabase, VCursor.
    and this kill idea.

    May be I will need make here also Interface classes,
    and subclass them. This kill 2 tagets. This interface classes
    then must be in RB code itself as separate module.
    This will be THE SAME RB classes that we have talk many times
    on RB list as general subset for any DBMS.

    So RB promise a lots of tasks on this way.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com