[V4RB] Valentina Logo and Copyright info

Richard Altenburg valentina at brainchild.nl
Fri Mar 28 15:49:01 CST 2003

On 28-03-2003 10:59, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

>> And besides: none, really none, of my customers are interested in how I made
>> my program. So both REALbasic and Valentina would gain no customers, even I
>> my application would sell 10,000 times. So I don't really see the point in
>> putting thrid party names in programs that are not designed for developers.
>
> This is not quite right.
>
> 1) in this way your 10,000 users will SEE Valentina logo. And something will
> stay in their memory.

OK, some users will remember and maybe you will sell something. But when you
annoy developers at the same time with a too strict agreement, that will
make this positive point into a negative.

>> Any freedom you can give would be great. I started a discussion in the
>> REALbasic mailinglist to have REAL drop their database and license yours.
>> But lots of developers would nog like that because of YOUR license! Imagine
>> what your strict rules do to your sales!!!
>
> In fact on list was only wan developer that have mention license.
> As I know this developer only like complain, if he'd like he could enter
> agreement.

Well, that is right. But that one developer opened up the eyes of others,
and what he said is causing your sales more harm than some logos in
About-boxes can give you. He was talking to us developers, the ones that
have to buy your product.

You know I am already an advocate for Valentina, because I feel much more
power since I abandonded the REAL database engine, but that one complaining
developer did have some good points.

Please discuss the idea of a Made With Valentina program, or other more free
license agreements. That way I will have more reasons to encourage others to
buy Valentina. And I will have more fun using it myself...