[V4RB] Valentina Logo and Copyright info

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Mar 28 11:59:54 CST 2003

on 3/28/03 10:30 AM, Richard Altenburg at valentina at brainchild.nl wrote:

> For my About-box, I changed the colors to fit my needs, and that is already
> nice, because I also have a REALbasic icon to put somewhere and REAL
> Software does not give me that freedom (but I must admit, REAL does give me
> a choice to join the Made With REALbasic program or not, in the latter case
> no logo is needed).
>
> I think you should do the same: have a Made With Valentina program, and if
> one joines, he has to put a logo somewhere. In return YOU guys should do
> something to promote our applications. Because it is our applications that
> promote Valentina, not Valentina itself!

As for me this sounds quite reasonable, Lynn.
As for me, I also always prefer to have choices!

Lynn, can we go by this way also?
I like it

> I would like it if I did not have to put the copyright text in my design, it
> is awful.
>
> And besides: none, really none, of my customers are interested in how I made
> my program. So both REALbasic and Valentina would gain no customers, even I
> my application would sell 10,000 times. So I don't really see the point in
> putting thrid party names in programs that are not designed for developers.

This is not quite right.

1) in this way your 10,000 users will SEE Valentina logo. And something will
stay in their memory.

2) Later can see Valentina logo in OTHER app, and this double their memory
about Valentina.

3) and when we ship Valentina server, and Valentina Studio (both -- end user
products) we will go into prepared land.

If your apps will be fine, and people will love them, they will have more
trust to Valentina Studio and Server.

4) It is proved that banners, e.g. On Version Tracker, DO NOT make big
sales. But they create IMAGE of company. A lots of people now KNOW this
logo, and when time comes to buy this product people will choose this
product because they have more trust to it.

> Any freedom you can give would be great. I started a discussion in the
> REALbasic mailinglist to have REAL drop their database and license yours.
> But lots of developers would nog like that because of YOUR license! Imagine
> what your strict rules do to your sales!!!

In fact on list was only wan developer that have mention license.
As I know this developer only like complain, if he'd like he could enter
agreement.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com