[V4RB] Valentina Logo and Copyright info

Richard Altenburg valentina at brainchild.nl
Fri Mar 28 09:30:42 CST 2003

On 27-03-2003 23:34, "Lynn Fredricks" <fci at europa.com> wrote:

> This is probably the most likely alternative for the royalty free EULA,
> giving folks the choice between putting it in the About Box or sticking
> it in an appropriate place in online help, and possibly also including
> some base guidelines for alternations. A few licensees have asked for
> the right to change sizes and colors to fit their branding better, and I
> don't think we've said no to any yet.
>
> I think if we did change to do it this way, then it gives developers the
> flexibility they need if they want to strictly follow the A.HIG or other
> platform interface guidelines or not, and it would still serve the
> intended purpose. Better solution?

For my About-box, I changed the colors to fit my needs, and that is already
nice, because I also have a REALbasic icon to put somewhere and REAL
Software does not give me that freedom (but I must admit, REAL does give me
a choice to join the Made With REALbasic program or not, in the latter case
no logo is needed).

I think you should do the same: have a Made With Valentina program, and if
one joines, he has to put a logo somewhere. In return YOU guys should do
something to promote our applications. Because it is our applications that
promote Valentina, not Valentina itself!

I would like it if I did not have to put the copyright text in my design, it
is awful.

And besides: none, really none, of my customers are interested in how I made
my program. So both REALbasic and Valentina would gain no customers, even I
my application would sell 10,000 times. So I don't really see the point in
putting thrid party names in programs that are not designed for developers.

Any freedom you can give would be great. I started a discussion in the
REALbasic mailinglist to have REAL drop their database and license yours.
But lots of developers would nog like that because of YOUR license! Imagine
what your strict rules do to your sales!!!