batch inserts

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Mar 24 23:20:44 CST 2003

on 3/24/03 10:58 PM, X Y at xyzabc1010 at yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi All,
> I was wondering if you could help me out. I am trying
> to do an import from a text file. There is
> approximately ~500 records that is being inserted.
> However, the time of insertion is VERY slow > ~10
> mins. Is there a batch-update in valentina? or can you
> suggest some things that I might be doing wrong. I
> keep the DB open for these insertions.

10 records in one minute ?!!
Very slow. You must be able add about 10,000 in one second.

* how many records in table now?
* how many fields?
* how many cache?
* OS ?
* hardware?
* are you doing flush after each record? Do not do it.
* how many fields are indexed?
* what data you add: small numbers or strings in few KBs?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com