RB 5.0

Lynn Fredricks fci at europa.com
Thu Mar 6 14:44:21 CST 2003

Hi Keith,

> I've bought every Pro release since RB 1.0 even though I've
> never used their database and just this month have been
> finally able to ship a Windows release. I'm loyal to the cause.
>
> If only they were more communicative so that we actually knew
> these were the issues rather than speculating... I'd be right
> there with you.

If you track the RB beta list, including the release notes as well as
what's going on with REALbugs, you'll get a clearer picture about what
the issues are with any release. REAL *is* quite communicative, however
the amount of information you have to wade through is large.

Geoff Perlman also commented on the RB 5 release in particular, and that
they anticipate several "point" updates. These are easy to anticipate,
because there is the forthcoming release of RB for Windows, in which the
two platforms have to be perfectly in synch, and also, the obligatory
updates to deal with any issues which have cropped up with localized
versions like Japanese. I think you can reasonably expect at least three
updates during the lifecycle of RB 5, if not more.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Proactive International, LLC