RB 5.0

Keith DeLong delong at redcort.com
Thu Mar 6 13:21:29 CST 2003

>> One school of thought is to upgrade now anyway to show support for version
>> 5's potential. But since they've not provided an explanation to the user
>> community for 5.0's release, I've decided not to reward them 'hoping for the
>> best'. Been there, done that with several problems in 4.5... Once they were
>> on to 5.0, nothing was done to fix existing issues with the current release
>> I had paid for.
>>
>> So with 5, I'll wait until I can purchase an upgrade I can actually use.
>>

> I bought 5 (actually, spent $200 to upgrade to Pro fro "amateur")
> because they need the cash. They've expanded the company a lot in the
> last 12 months, and to remain viable they need to pay salaries. I'd
> much rather that they release a buggy 5 but fix it in a month or so
> than that they wait for a solid release but have to let people go (or
> worse, fold) because of cash flow problems. So I consider it an
> investment. Others may see it differently... :->

Hi Jon,
I've bought every Pro release since RB 1.0 even though I've never used their
database and just this month have been finally able to ship a Windows
release. I'm loyal to the cause.

If only they were more communicative so that we actually knew these were the
issues rather than speculating... I'd be right there with you.

Keith