win95 problem

Michael Geary listmail at gearyweb.com
Wed Mar 5 12:14:59 CST 2003

I am using Valentina 1.9.7, and I am getting problems on Win95 B. I
have put the two DLLs both in the Projector folder and the Xtras folder.

According to MS, there are no additional updates suggested for my
system.

What version of Valentina is KNOWN to be compatible with Win95?

thanks,

michael

On Wednesday, March 5, 2003, at 11:58 AM, Olaf Schmidtmann wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> yes, Ruslan is right. This issue only appears on Win95a (which I
> *really*
> started to hate these days).
> Still I believe that Micheal is on the rigth way. The msvcrt.dll could
> be
> added to your projector`s folder and/or the xtra`s folder. The
> msvfw32.dll
> was sitting in the xtra folder. When we used this little "trick" we
> developed with director 7.0 - I am not positive that this still works
> for
> the new releases.
> I am absolutely positive that this worked for me but I think that you
> have
> to use ths dlls of Win95 - not sure here!
> One more thing: try to avoid using them for the other systems because
> things
> will run less smooth. Normally we do not support Win95a any more -
> because I
> hate it I guess ;-) - so for us this is not troublesome any more.
>
> Just give it a try.

michael geary
The Treeline Group, Inc.
560 S. State Street, E-2