vjdbc getting started

niklas woermann nwoe at privat.utfors.se
Tue Mar 4 12:52:56 CST 2003

you wrote:

> The first part of a URL specifies the protocol used to access
> information, and it is always followed by a ":". The rest of a URL,
> everything after the first ":",
> gives information about where the data source is located.
>
> So, you have to use something like this:
>
> jdbc:valentina://my_database
>
> About Driver class... i do not know how coldfusion work. But i think
> "Driver class" must be definition for our drivers. Maybe you have to
> specify location VJDBC.jar in this parameter.

Hi!
ok thanks, i´ll try that, although it seems i have already defined the path to the drivers in another place;

if you check out http://www1.oli.tudelft.nl/jochemd/index.cfm?PageID=17
you can find some instructions on how to install postgresql jdbc drivers.
the string they use are

jdbc:postgresql://serverip/cfmx
org.postgresql.driver

thanks