vjdbc getting started

Sergey Tretyak tretyak at diawest.com
Wed Mar 5 18:11:53 CST 2003

Hi niklas,

nw> you wrote:

>> The first part of a URL specifies the protocol used to access
>> information, and it is always followed by a ":". The rest of a URL,
>> everything after the first ":",
>> gives information about where the data source is located.
>>
>> So, you have to use something like this:
>>
>> jdbc:valentina://my_database
>>
>> About Driver class... i do not know how coldfusion work. But i think
>> "Driver class" must be definition for our drivers. Maybe you have to
>> specify location VJDBC.jar in this parameter.

nw> Hi!
nw> ok thanks, i´ll try that, although it seems i have already defined the path to the drivers in another place;

nw> if you check out http://www1.oli.tudelft.nl/jochemd/index.cfm?PageID=17
nw> you can find some instructions on how to install postgresql jdbc drivers.
nw> the string they use are

nw> jdbc:postgresql://serverip/cfmx
nw> org.postgresql.driver

Sorry for silent.

I saw the page. You must use for Driver Class this string

com.paradigmasoft.valentina.vjdbc

But, it seem only information string without functionality. Did you
install driver with success now?

 Sergey                            mailto:tretyak at diawest.com