vjdbc getting started

Sergey Tretyak tretyak at diawest.com
Tue Mar 4 13:37:40 CST 2003

Hi All,

RZ> on 3/4/03 11:56 AM, niklas woermann at nwoe at privat.utfors.se wrote:

>> Hi!
>> finally getting some time to try to test valentina jdbc driver.
>>
>> a couple of questions;
>> when entering the data source into coldfusion i need two params;
>> JDBC URL and
>> Driver class.
>>
>> any tips as what i should write there?

The first part of a URL specifies the protocol used to access
information, and it is always followed by a ":". The rest of a URL,
everything after the first ":",
gives information about where the data source is located.

So, you have to use something like this:

jdbc:valentina://my_database

About Driver class... i do not know how coldfusion work. But i think
"Driver class" must be definition for our drivers. Maybe you have to
specify location VJDBC.jar in this parameter.

 Sergey                            mailto:tretyak at diawest.com