[discussion] Schema of Valentina server licensing

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jun 20 16:54:26 CDT 2003

on 6/20/03 15:54, RBtools at RBtools at columbus.rr.com wrote:

> So, what the developers could do is to form a co-op that purchases unlimited
> licenses and then resells them to the group.  This way as a license is
> required for a developer in the co-op it would only cost $1 and not impact
> their bottom line.

I afraid this trick will not work.

Because if say 5 developers buy together N connections,
You get only one "Bag license file".

So how you will use it together...
Any attempt to work around this will be violation.

> This does not help Ruslan with his sales, but I did not
> see anything so far that would preclude this type of purchase.

You mean other company do not do what we are going ?

I think this is not correct.
Yes this is rare case because only Server vendors can do this.

In the same time OpenBase ($2000) and FileMaker ($999)
offer for that prices UNLIMITED servers.
We want also for small developers offer n-connection servers at lower price.

So if you do not want bother self with connections, just pay full price and
get unlimited server. If you want to be economic then please spend few
minutes to set up connections.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com