V4MD Efficiency... and licensing

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jun 18 16:29:29 CDT 2003

on 6/18/03 15:22, Chris Aernoudt at chris at pixellink.be wrote:

Hi Chris,

> I wrote up some parent scripts to handle valentina data retrieval...
> Basically what I do is open a cursor, pull everything into property
> lists and clean up... All paging and so is done through the resulting
> proplists...
>
> I'm working with relatively small amounts of data(no fields with more
> than about 50 chars), and a maximum of about 200 records.
>
> Would it be better to handle everything through valentina, would paging
> be slower or faster than the proplist way?

Director itself is not super fast,
So you can expect that Valentina will be faster.

> Second: Ruslan; how about changing your licensing policy... I find it
> rather annoying - the logo and everything is fine, but all that mail
> stuff - sending a damn cd overseas costs... if you add MM and Quicktime
> etc. shipping costs equal the price of your xtra for each production...
> (nag nag :))
>
> Do we have to wait for your approval before distributing the final
> product?

No of course.

Actually this is just for information purpose.
It is always interesting for us to see what people do with Valentina :-)

In fact you should not send us CD.
Download URL is enough :-)
As I have see, you need provide us only serial to your app so we can play
with it.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com