corrupt database

Eric Forget forgete at cafederic.com
Fri Jan 31 17:01:03 CST 2003

> Just only I have told on RB list that it is hard to corrupt Valentina db,
> And Ops...

Without offense, it is relatively easy to corrupt Valentina db, specially
with VAPP:

1) Changing type between VarChar to String and Text to String

2) Removing fields, specially Text.

3) Playing a lot with Text field in user mode

4) Doing any long operation, and in the middle the 10 minutes is finish

Over the last 2 weeks I have had constantly corrupted database...

For me, corrupted database is a fact of life.

It will also be good if we can have "safe-save" of database: duplicate,
write on the duplicate, diagnose, swap. It may be slower, but for small
database it could be a good option.

However, the best approach is always to have a robust repair function...

Éric

 Eric Forget                       Cafederic
 ForgetE at cafederic.com             <http://www.cafederic.com/>

 Fingerprint <86D5 38F5 E1FD 5D9C 71C3  BAA3 797E 70A4 6210 C684>