corrupt database

Elizabeth Robar erobar at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 31 17:10:33 CST 2003

I know it sounds strange - to have a good database, then issue a SELECT
(Read) statement, and have it croak - but I've even reproduced it!  My
(uneducated, wild) guess is that the system table sysitems didn't like
it somehow... whereas a normal, user-defined table might not have taken
it so poorly.

Unfortunately, I was using one-file mode - so the below method won't
help in restoring the data.  I did have a backup, so it's not
essential... but I'm interested in possible restoration methods for the
future.  Along with development, I'm doing a lot of manual input, and I
only make copies every so often... maybe I'll increase the frequency.

Thanks, though!
Liz