[SQL/V4MD] best way to link one record to multiple categories?

Mathew Ray mathew at iqtv.com
Thu Jan 30 14:32:05 CST 2003

Thank you for the clarification...makes great sense. In this case I would
definitely need an additional table for each Many-to-Many relationship that
exists within the table of items... So say table 'Items' has 3 of its
columns where there could be M:M relationships to tables 'CategoryA',
'CategoryB', and 'CategoryC' - each of those columns would require a table
to perform the M:M lookup as well, correct? Thus bringing the number of
in-between tables to 3.... Just seems like it would get messy if you have a
lot of instances of this in your DB in many different tables, but hopefully
it could be designed to avoid such problems.

Thanks,
Mathew