[SQL/V4MD] best way to link one record to multiple categories ?

Olaf Schmidtmann os at brainbits.net
Thu Jan 30 19:29:49 CST 2003

Hi Mathew,

sorry I did not express myself clearly, I guess.
I meant that you have categories and items. Both of them are stored one
table.
So let`s say item 'coke' is in the following categories: 'soft drink' (RecID
3), 'rust remover'(RecID 7), 'imperialistic' (RecID 666) ;-) ...
The item 'coke' has the ID 3 in table items so your resulting table looks
like this:

3 : 3
3 : 7

You just need ONE table for that assignment.
Got it?

bye
Olaf