ExecuteSQL() somewhat async?

Eric Forget forgete at cafederic.com
Wed Jan 29 23:26:37 CST 2003

Hi,

After looking for a crash, I found that calling VDK_Cursor::ExecuteSQL()
finish by calling OBL_JoinSet_Builder::DoInnerJoinFirstForLink(OBL_Link*,
OBL_Object*, OBL_Object*, FBL_BitSet*, FBL_BitSet*) which calls
EventAvail(). Is there any reason for this?

The problem is that gives the control back to Cocoa who calls me back and
now I'm questioning the same VDK_Cursor of the ExecuteSQL() which cause my
crash.

I know how to go around it but it is cumbersome. Should all my code be
reentrant when I use the VSDK? I means which methods of the VSDK calls
EventAvail(), WaitNextEvent(), etc. directly or indirectly?

Éric

 Eric Forget                       Cafederic
 ForgetE at cafederic.com             <http://www.cafederic.com/>

 Fingerprint <86D5 38F5 E1FD 5D9C 71C3  BAA3 797E 70A4 6210 C684>