ExecuteSQL() somewhat async?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jan 30 11:01:30 CST 2003

on 1/30/03 6:26 AM, Eric Forget at forgete at cafederic.com wrote:

Hi Eric,

> After looking for a crash, I found that calling VDK_Cursor::ExecuteSQL()
> finish by calling OBL_JoinSet_Builder::DoInnerJoinFirstForLink(OBL_Link*,
> OBL_Object*, OBL_Object*, FBL_BitSet*, FBL_BitSet*) which calls
> EventAvail(). Is there any reason for this?

Oh, this code is from MacOS 9

I beelive I have disable it for OS X.
But probably that define do not works for GCC.

I need check this point.

> The problem is that gives the control back to Cocoa who calls me back and
> now I'm questioning the same VDK_Cursor of the ExecuteSQL() which cause my
> crash.
>
> I know how to go around it but it is cumbersome. Should all my code be
> reentrant when I use the VSDK? I means which methods of the VSDK calls
> EventAvail(), WaitNextEvent(), etc. directly or indirectly?

In fact VSDK is not intended for preemptive threads.
So if you use threads in your app, you'd need mutex for Valentina.
In 2.0 this issue must be all right.

Or ask Totte, on this issue.

I know that Totte also use intensively threads with VSDK.framework.
Yes Totte?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com