V4MD error 5 and 8 problem

Lee Swanson lee at ibc.com.au
Thu Jan 30 10:16:48 CST 2003

Hi,

I have ignored this problem for a while to work on other things, but now it
is mission critical... (my deadline is tomorrow...) I am developing in
Director MX on pc.

I have the following query:

SELECT JOBS_6.Job_ID_6, JOBS_6.Job_Text_Names_6   FROM
JOBS_6   ,
JOB_INDUSTRY_LINKS_19    ,
JOB_INTEREST_LINKS_22   ,
WDEMAND_JOB_LINKS_26   ,
LAREA_JOB_LINKS_24   ,
STATE_INFO_9
WHERE JOBS_6.Job_ID_6 = JOB_INDUSTRY_LINKS_19.JCLink_JobID_19
AND JOBS_6.Job_ID_6 = JOB_INTEREST_LINKS_22.JCLink_JobID_22
AND JOBS_6.Job_ID_6 = WDEMAND_JOB_LINKS_26.WDJ_Link_JobID_26
AND JOBS_6.Job_ID_6 = LAREA_JOB_LINKS_24.LAJ_Link_JobID_24
AND JOBS_6.Job_ID_6 = STATE_INFO_9.StInf_JobID_9
AND Job_Text_Names_6 <> ''

When I run this query I always get an error. Sometimes it is error 5 and
sometimes error 8. I have run the query in ViSQL and It works fine. If I
remove two of the joins (it doesnt matter which ones) it works ok.

I have tried increasing the cache to 100 meg, but this doesn't seem to help
(it is now back at 10 meg).

Ruslan I know you will tell me to search the archive, and I have done this.
I have found a couple of people who had the same problem as me, but the only
sollutions I could find were related to inserting floats or something else
that I am not doing (or ruslan telling them to look in the archive). I am
not altering my database at all from director.

All my other cursors can be created without a hitch. This is the only one I
have a problem with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lee.