V4MD error 5 and 8 problem

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jan 30 10:57:12 CST 2003

on 1/30/03 4:16 AM, Lee Swanson at lee at ibc.com.au wrote:

> I have ignored this problem for a while to work on other things, but now it
> is mission critical... (my deadline is tomorrow...) I am developing in
> Director MX on pc.
>
> I have the following query:
>
> SELECT JOBS_6.Job_ID_6, JOBS_6.Job_Text_Names_6   FROM
> JOBS_6   ,
> JOB_INDUSTRY_LINKS_19    ,
> JOB_INTEREST_LINKS_22   ,
> WDEMAND_JOB_LINKS_26   ,
> LAREA_JOB_LINKS_24   ,
> STATE_INFO_9
> WHERE JOBS_6.Job_ID_6 = JOB_INDUSTRY_LINKS_19.JCLink_JobID_19
> AND JOBS_6.Job_ID_6 = JOB_INTEREST_LINKS_22.JCLink_JobID_22
> AND JOBS_6.Job_ID_6 = WDEMAND_JOB_LINKS_26.WDJ_Link_JobID_26
> AND JOBS_6.Job_ID_6 = LAREA_JOB_LINKS_24.LAJ_Link_JobID_24
> AND JOBS_6.Job_ID_6 = STATE_INFO_9.StInf_JobID_9
> AND Job_Text_Names_6 <> ''
>
> When I run this query I always get an error. Sometimes it is error 5 and
> sometimes error 8. I have run the query in ViSQL and It works fine. If I
> remove two of the joins (it doesnt matter which ones) it works ok.
>
> I have tried increasing the cache to 100 meg, but this doesn't seem to help
> (it is now back at 10 meg).
>
> Ruslan I know you will tell me to search the archive, and I have done this.
> I have found a couple of people who had the same problem as me, but the only
> sollutions I could find were related to inserting floats or something else
> that I am not doing (or ruslan telling them to look in the archive). I am
> not altering my database at all from director.
>
> All my other cursors can be created without a hitch. This is the only one I
> have a problem with.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Lee,

1) you use debugLevel(2) and see messages ?
You see

    SqlSelect()...error 5       ?

2) Try both 1.9.6 and latest 1.9.7 beta.

3) Try BEFORE this query add sleep for second.
This was workaround for fast Open/close trick.
But try it just in case....

4) I wonder if you have OTHER cursors at the same time that point on used
Tables? In fact this must be allowed but may be Director bring us some
glitch.

5) You have test only on one computer/windows ?
    try other computers, other Windows systems
    check if it works fine in Projector.

May be only in IDE of director this problem come...

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com