FW: [ VXCMD] Time limited demo

Lynn Fredricks fci at europa.com
Fri Jan 24 09:52:55 CST 2003

Hi Robert,

> But... you seem to be talking about us using and distributing Vapp
> demo version whereas we are talking about a demo of OUR products.

True.

> Paradigma website does not have them. Vapp may not even be able to
> open and handle our databases at all (we can change the
> extensions/type of files or encrypt the content, for example). The
> end-user may not even be aware that there is Valentina engine inside
> OUR program.

That's true, but we arent talking about VAPP here specifically.

> Furthemore, it seems to me that it should be irrelevant whether I
> program my own timeout or whether I use the one built into Valentina.
> Valentina and its serial number assigned to me are inside the same in
> either case -- end user does not have to make a new download but just
> enter the supplied registration as it is in Vapp. The question is
> then why should I program what is already available? The timeout
> feature is actually a nice bonus that Valentina offers and your
> forbidding to use it does not seem to make sense to me.

You are not directly forbidden to use the Valentina time out mechanism,
however the EULA does not permit the distribution of the unserialized
version (which negates the ability to use the time out mechanism as far
as I can tell). Im not saying that we won't make changes in the future
to the EULA, Im just saying that you cannot distribute an unserialized
version under the *current* EULA. The EULA never gets changed withough
carefully weighing all risks and issues, and that hasn't happened yet.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Proactive International, LLC