FW: [ VXCMD] Time limited demo

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Sun Jan 26 22:58:00 CST 2003

>You are not directly forbidden to use the Valentina time out mechanism,
>however the EULA does not permit the distribution of the unserialized
>version (which negates the ability to use the time out mechanism as far
>as I can tell). Im not saying that we won't make changes in the future
>to the EULA, Im just saying that you cannot distribute an unserialized
>version under the *current* EULA. The EULA never gets changed withough
>carefully weighing all risks and issues, and that hasn't happened yet.

Lynn, I have just took time to read the EULA agreement for vxcmd
product and nowhere it says that we can't distribute unserialized
copies. Neither I see there anything that would prevent us using the
timeout feature. So, as far as I can see, whoever posted the original
question about using timeout for timing out his demo, can do it
without problems.

It appears that you have confused vxcmd with another Valentina
product. As it is written, EULA for vxcmd recognizes that it is
distributed as a library and as such it is not serialized but must be
included with each copy of our product.

Robert