FW: [ VXCMD] Time limited demo

Lynn Fredricks fci at europa.com
Fri Jan 24 07:53:25 CST 2003

> Suppose the product is a development tool that uses Valentina. So in
> this case a Valentina license would be sold with each version of the
> product. But if a demo version of Valentina (e.g. no serial number)
> can't be distributed with a demo version of the product, I don't see
> how there can be a demo version at all.

The EULA is a grant-of-license where we set terms which apply to anyone
who opens their wallet to pay and are willing to abide by it. If you
want an exception to the EULA, its got to be negotiated.

The "all rights reserved" clause in an agreement is a failsafe to make
sure we see the hot water before we step into it. Robert, that doesn't
directly answer your question but its what I can offer you for now.

While there is usually a cost associated with variations (if its
something major and not a logo color change or something like that),
it's a requirement to know what's being done with the demo version and
maybe even more importantly, by whom.

If you create a tool that is for the manipulation of Valentina databases
(and its otherwise within the conditions of the EULA) and requires usage
of a demo, I see a few possibilities --

1. Point the potential user to the Paradigma website.

2. Become a Valentina partner for reselling Valentina and we work out
the details.

#1 pretty much absolves you of most issues. #2 is a good opportunity to
grab not only your own sale but also a margin of the sale of Valentina.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Proactive International, LLC