FW: [ VXCMD] Time limited demo

John DeSoi jdesoi at planetc.com
Fri Jan 24 08:13:56 CST 2003

At 11:12 AM +0200 1/24/03, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
>Okay, I think exists problem here.
>
>Assume product of ron become VERY popular, 100-1000 times more popular that
>Valentina self. May be this is game?
>So efforts of crackers will be target on protection scheme, i.e. On
>Valentina protection in fact.
>
>Yes, better they will be target on your own protection, Ron :-)

Suppose the product is a development tool that uses Valentina. So in
this case a Valentina license would be sold with each version of the
product. But if a demo version of Valentina (e.g. no serial number)
can't be distributed with a demo version of the product, I don't see
how there can be a demo version at all.

Best,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.