FW: [ VXCMD] Time limited demo

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jan 24 11:12:20 CST 2003

------ Forwarded Message
> From: "Lynn Fredricks" <fci at europa.com>
> Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 20:59:30 -0800
> To: "'Valentina Developers'" <valentina at lists.macserve.net>
> Subject: RE: [ VXCMD] Time limited demo
>
> I can think of a host of business problems this would create for
> Paradigma.
>
> As I mentioned to Ron (off-list), I think serialization is best handled
> as a deliberate act of your own development. How you handle
> serialization directly impacts who tries and who eventually buys your
> app. A poorly executed method will hurt you. You also don’t want to be
> surprised if something happens under the hood without your knowing.

------ End of Forwarded Message

Hi Lynn,

Just wonder if it really can hurt us ?

As I understand, Ron must have OWN serial number scheme.
His idea is just use CODE that do time out check in Valentina.

When HIS user buy his serial and enter it,
Ron in background register Valentina. So Valentina becomes registered.

Okay, I think exists problem here.

Assume product of ron become VERY popular, 100-1000 times more popular that
Valentina self. May be this is game?
So efforts of crackers will be target on protection scheme, i.e. On
Valentina protection in fact.

Yes, better they will be target on your own protection, Ron :-)