VPHP-Beta Error from Example PHP script trying to open DB

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jan 22 09:51:50 CST 2003

on 1/22/03 8:53 AM, Mike Albert at malbert at asia.apple.com wrote:

Hi Mike,

> I have been trying to test the functionality of the latest Beta of VPHP and am
> unable to get the example script "vphp_test1.php" to work.
>
> Initially, I had other problems working through the instructions but believe I
> have got to a point where PHP has been compiled and installed successfully for
> Valentina functionality.  I have been able to successfully run the
> "get_valentina_functions.php" script from my web browser.
>
> Issue :
> When clicking on the "vphp_test1.php" scipt in the web browser I get an error
> returned in a dialog of my browser mentioning that it could not load the page.
> I have isolated the problem down to the script line that contains :
> $link = valentina_open($path) or die ("Could not connect");

> It seems that I can not successfully open this DB .  I have verified that all
> DB's are in the correct locations and "www" privileges set on all files and
> folders.  In fact, I have tested this from trying to serve the info from
> /Library/WebSeerver/Documents as well as ~username/Sites (the second test I
> hard code the path to /Users/username/Sites/test.vdb
>
> When I look at the Apache error log it shows the following :
>
> [Wed Jan 22 14:09:31 2003] [notice] child pid 28686 exit signal Bus error (10)
>
> Configuration testing on :
> * PB G4 with clean Mac OS X 10.2.3, December Developer Tools installed.
> * PHP 4.3.0
>
> Any help or knowing that other folks have this working would be helpful.

I have see letters at least of 2 developers who did get success.

On my computer, folder database is located in my home:
                "/Users/~rz"

And paths in the example are as:

> $dbHomePath = "/Users/rz/database/";
>
> $path       = $dbHomePath."test.vdb";
> $exportPath = $dbHomePath."test.txt";
> $dumpPath   = $dbHomePath."test.xml";
>
>   print $path;
>   flush();
>
>   $dbRef = valentina_open($path) or die ("Could not connect");

Try to add print() and flush as in my code.

Also in such cases when page fail, it help to set flushes (THIS IS PHP
command) to see in browser results of operators that have work with success.

I believe VPHP returns even OS errors e.g. File not found.
But you need use flush() to start see them in browser.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com