VPHP-Beta Error from Example PHP script trying to open DB

Mike Albert malbert at asia.apple.com
Wed Jan 22 14:53:18 CST 2003

Hi All,

I have been trying to test the functionality of the latest Beta of VPHP and am unable to get the example script "vphp_test1.php" to work.

Initially, I had other problems working through the instructions but believe I have got to a point where PHP has been compiled and installed successfully for Valentina functionality.  I have been able to successfully run the "get_valentina_functions.php" script from my web browser.

Issue :
When clicking on the "vphp_test1.php" scipt in the web browser I get an error returned in a dialog of my browser mentioning that it could not load the page.  I have isolated the problem down to the script line that contains :
$link = valentina_open($path) or die ("Could not connect");

It seems that I can not successfully open this DB .  I have verified that all DB's are in the correct locations and "www" privileges set on all files and folders.  In fact, I have tested this from trying to serve the info from /Library/WebSeerver/Documents as well as ~username/Sites (the second test I hard code the path to /Users/username/Sites/test.vdb

When I look at the Apache error log it shows the following :

[Wed Jan 22 14:09:31 2003] [notice] child pid 28686 exit signal Bus error (10)

Configuration testing on :
* PB G4 with clean Mac OS X 10.2.3, December Developer Tools installed.
* PHP 4.3.0

Any help or knowing that other folks have this working would be helpful.