Coldfusion

Gunnar Swan GunnarSwan at PracticeToPass.com
Thu Feb 20 09:31:21 CST 2003

No conversion utility. This is where Object Oriented encapsulation comes in handy.
Consider a series of parent scripts whos interface provides the data you need.
The 'middleware' in the parent scripts translates between the syntax of the two.

With Valentina CD, you'll be communiating with the DB but with CFM-mySQL, youi'll be communiating with CFM,
not the database. There are some differences in how this will be structured.

  Something like this might work .

	APP - ParentScript - CFM - mySQL
	APP - ParentScript - Valentina.

Where the parent scripts expose the data to APP.
This is common with COM, so that you can hide DB particulars
from app and swap out DB if necessary.

A good book on n-tier programming might come in handy. Even if written for VB or Delphi,
the principles will work with Director.

Gunnar

To work with both Valentina on a CD and CFM-mySQL,