PHP install trouble

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Feb 19 13:58:53 CST 2003

on 2/19/03 1:16 PM, Marcus Bointon at marcus at synchromedia.co.uk wrote:

Hi Marcus,

> I'm still having trouble with installing the VPHP PHP extension via the
> installer package. I have a fresh download of PHP in my home folder
> (/Users/marcus/php-4.3.0). I run the installer, select my drive, click
> select folder and choose my PHP install folder (though I have to type in the
> path as the Users folder is not selectable, but I have no trouble selecting
> the PHP folder once I have done that). Installation starts and almost
> immediately terminates with an unspecified error. I've redownloaded VPHP and
> I've also tried with PHP 4.3.1 (which I hope you're all running!).

Strange. Try put php-4.3.0 folder on desktop.

> It would be easier to just have the source files to drop in my ext folder!

Okay, may be you are right.

In fact we was going to make single installer which install
    files into php folder
    into /usr/lib folder

But it seems Packager of Apple cannot do this.
IT cannot put files into different locations...
At least without special scripts...

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com