Coldfusion

mainstreet at earthlink.net mainstreet at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 20 12:38:28 CST 2003

>From: Ruslan Zasukhin <sunshine at public.kherson.ua>
>Subject: Re: Coldfusion
>
>mainstreet at earthlink.net wrote:
>
>>I'm building a web site that will have HTML pages, flash and
>>shockwave talking to mySQL via Coldfusion. If I wanted to do an
>>offline shockwave version of the project, how difficult would it be
>>to switch to talking to Valentina? Is their some kind of conversion
>>utility?
>
>MySQL on Linux ?

mySQL and Coldfusion are currently running on my own OS X machine,
but I don't know what they will be on when I move to a commercial
server. (If would need to be a host that also offers Flash
Communications server.)

>If on OS X or Windows you can try to use Valentina and JDBC or PHP

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the scenario you are suggesting.
(This is all fairly new to me -- I know some Lingo and am learning
Coldfusion, but that's all-- my background is in animation for
feature films.)

I don't understand how I would use the JDBC driver. I assume you're
suggesting I use it somehow with the Internet version of my project
(which will be finished before I attempt the offline version.)

I also don't understand how using the JDBC driver with the Internet
version would help me with the offline shockwave version, which would
be Director and embedded Flash talking to Valentina (with no access
to any kind of servers - it's for kids in classrooms without an
Internet connection.)

If you (or anyone else) could describe the scenario you are
suggesting for the Internet and offline versions, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks for your time.

David Watkinson