V4RB Unexpected Quit

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Feb 19 09:49:59 CST 2003

on 2/19/03 4:24 AM, alvin at alvin at ins.co.nz wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> I've finally managed to get on to an OS X Server machine and check where the
> program was going wrong. I've narrowed it down to:
>
> vFld =
> mDatabase.BaseObject("Students").CreateField("Zoning",kV_TypeString,2,-1,"If
> (TO_DAYS(Start_Date)<TO_DAYS('01/01/2002'),'NA',In_Zone)")
>
> The above line works fine on OS 9. The field is created with no problems. On
> OS X the program quits as soon as it sees this line. A similar line but
> using KV_TypeShort instead of KV_TypeString works fine:
>
> vFld =
> mDatabase.BaseObject("Students").CreateField("MType",kV_TypeShort,0,-1,"If(S
> tudent_Type=7 AND bAttendance=1,1,If(Student_Type=3 AND
> bAttendance=1,1,If(Student_Type=7 AND bAttendance=0,2,If(Student_Type=3 AND
> bAttendance=0,2,If(Student_Type=5 AND bAttendance=1,3,If(Student_Type=6 AND
> bAttendance=1,3,If(Student_Type=5 AND bAttendance=0,4,If(Student_Type=6 AND
> bAttendance=0,4,If(Student_Type=4,6,If(Student_Type=2,7,If(Student_Type=1,8,
> 0)))))))))))")
>
> It appears that all my createfield lines where I am creating string fields
> do not work, yet the others work fine. This would seem to me to be a
> Valentina bug. I was using OS X.2.3 and the latest Valentina final.

I do not think this is Valentina bug.

Guys, Valentina today is quite stable and good tested.
So before blame Valentina you need search own mistakes.

Since this is String fields, I think problem in Lagnuage parameter.

Look on your line:

mDatabase.BaseObject("Students").CreateField("Zoning",kV_TypeString,2,-1,"If

I see here numbers, but not "ASCII" or "English"

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com