V4RB Unexpected Quit

alvin alvin at ins.co.nz
Wed Feb 19 15:24:51 CST 2003

Hi Ruslan,

I've finally managed to get on to an OS X Server machine and check where the
program was going wrong. I've narrowed it down to:

vFld =
mDatabase.BaseObject("Students").CreateField("Zoning",kV_TypeString,2,-1,"If
(TO_DAYS(Start_Date)<TO_DAYS('01/01/2002'),'NA',In_Zone)")

The above line works fine on OS 9. The field is created with no problems. On
OS X the program quits as soon as it sees this line. A similar line but
using KV_TypeShort instead of KV_TypeString works fine:

vFld =
mDatabase.BaseObject("Students").CreateField("MType",kV_TypeShort,0,-1,"If(S
tudent_Type=7 AND bAttendance=1,1,If(Student_Type=3 AND
bAttendance=1,1,If(Student_Type=7 AND bAttendance=0,2,If(Student_Type=3 AND
bAttendance=0,2,If(Student_Type=5 AND bAttendance=1,3,If(Student_Type=6 AND
bAttendance=1,3,If(Student_Type=5 AND bAttendance=0,4,If(Student_Type=6 AND
bAttendance=0,4,If(Student_Type=4,6,If(Student_Type=2,7,If(Student_Type=1,8,

It appears that all my createfield lines where I am creating string fields
do not work, yet the others work fine. This would seem to me to be a
Valentina bug. I was using OS X.2.3 and the latest Valentina final.

All the best.

Cindy