Test VPHPm FIXED ARCHIVE.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Feb 13 10:21:14 CST 2003

on 2/13/03 2:30 AM, Rick Robinson at rickrobinson at attbi.com wrote:

> Ruslan,
>
> Yes, the native version of php on MacOS 10.2.3 is 4.2.3. Can I just use
> that?

Yes you can, but you still need then download PHP 4.2.3 archive.,
Because now you need COMPILE and INSTALL PHP with new module.

4.2.3 in fact have problems on X,
So better upgrade to 4.3.0

> I downloaded the 4.3.0 source files from www.php.net. So, if necessary
> I can try to upgrade. Where should I put the php-4.3.0 folder? I assume
> I don't build/install it yet, but do the instructions from the VPHP
> beta download first?

You can put folder 4.3.0 in any place, even on desktop, this is not
important.

> I downloaded the beta today, but don't see a package installer. I got
> it from the downloads section of your web site. I got a folder called
> VPHP_Macho and it has a number of files and folders in it, but no
> package installer that I see.

Ops, sorry.

Archive did go in wrong place.
Please download it once again.

---
Rick,

You also find VERY useful the next site:

    http://www.phpmac.com/

Here you can find DETAILED instructions how set up correctly different
versions of Apache or PHP on OS X.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com